lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: date range query problem
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2004 12:38:07 GMT
On Jun 11, 2004, at 8:00 AM, Sumit Mishra wrote:
> Hi,
>       My requirement to fetch the result with in the date range.
>       I am filtering the query like to retrieve the date wichi fall
> between these two year..
>      bqr.add(QueryParser.parse ("[" + 1978 + " TO "
> +2000+"]","fullhead",new StandardAnalyzer()),true,false);

Sorry for the short reply, but I'm leaving momentarily to go present
Lucene (and Ant and Tapestry) at the Research Triangle Software
Symposium.

Two things:

  - Don't build a QueryParser string in code - simply construct a
RangeQuery directly.  This eliminates a lot of variables to the
equation that may be getting in the way.

  - Know what terms are being emitted during analysis.  Try the utility
pointed to here
(http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/AnalysisParalysis) with your
data.

	Erik