lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Another way to handle large numeric range queries
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 19:12:34 GMT

On Jun 9, 2004, at 1:05 PM, Don Gilbert wrote:
>> I'm particularly interested in the XPath stuff I saw in LGQueryParser.
>
>    * xpathFieldParse
>    'xpath' parser: param allfields[], with query or field[] possibly
>     having wild-card notation:   *.start  annotation.*.text
>     allowing '/' and '.' field separator
>
> This is an *unfinished* attempt to support xpath style queries with
> wild-cards or parts when you have indexed XML data, such as
>
>   query: /annotation/*/text:term
>
> I had to put this aside when I saw the problem of pulling the xpath
> fields from a query string would take a fair amount of thought and
> code.

Keep us posted if/when you return to this.  I would love to see XPath
query capability on "hierarchical" content indexed in Lucene.  Jakarta
Slide, for example, is starting to build in Lucene indexing capability
- although I don't think they are doing anything with XPath query
expressions yet.

Anyone doing anything similar?  Implementation ideas?

	Erik