lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From uddam chukmol <uddam_chuk...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: how to incorporate french stemmer in snowball?
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2004 15:12:37 GMT
Thanks alot Erik for  this hint. I went to the repository of "jakarta-lucene-sandbox/contribution/analyzers/src/java/org/apache/lucene/analysis/fr"
and found the source of three class for analyzing the french text.

that's usable in my case.

Thanks once again!

Uddam

Erik Hatcher <erik@ehatchersolutions.com> wrote:
On Jun 29, 2004, at 4:23 AM, uddam chukmol wrote:
> I don't really know how to incorporate the french stemmer in to a
> snowball analyzer.
>
> Any sample code will be admired!

Here is a short example from our Lucene in Action book's code:

public void testSpanish() throws Exception {
Analyzer analyzer = new SnowballAnalyzer("Spanish");

assertAnalyzesTo(analyzer,
"algoritmos", new String[] {"algoritm"});
}

Substitute "French" for "Spanish" and you should be in business,
provided you've grabbed 'snowball' source code from the
jakarta-lucene-sandbox CVS repository in the contributions/snowball
area.

Erik