lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From uddam chukmol <>
Subject how to incorporate french stemmer in snowball?
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2004 11:23:54 GMT
Well, thanks to Otis for the pointing me to the page of snowball but i'm still so dumb to
get in on!
I don't really know how to incorporate the french stemmer in to a snowball analyzer.
Any sample code will be admired!
Thanks before hand!

Otis Gospodnetic <> wrote:

I can't tell with certainty whether you are aware of Snowball Analyzers
for Lucene or not. Take a look at Lucene Sandbox: You will see
Snowball Stemmers for Lucene contribution there.

That includes the French stemmer, so you shouldn't need to write any
new code.