lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: When will Lucene 1.4
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2004 05:05:24 GMT
Answers inlined...

--- Karthik N S <karthik@controlnet.co.in> wrote:

> Hey
> Dev -Guys
>
> First Apologies for the Question  [ Intentionally did not wanted to
> disrupt
> the proceesings]
>

> 1) When will LUCENE1.4 - final  be released

We haven't discussed this yet.  Probably not until the Fall.

> 2) Will it contain lot's of featured Examples  (lucene1.3-final does
> not have many of features based examples)

Probably no more examples than there are now, unless somebody
contributes them.  However, there will be a Lucene book in the Fall.

> 3) Will the Furture releases be synchronized with releases of J2DK
> (since every new version of J2SDK is released 6 months)

Lucene's releases are not tied to Java releases in any way.

> [ The major Concern for our Organization, since we plan to move our
> Code
> from lucene1.3 final to 1.4 final ]

I would suggest you just use 1.4RC3 for now.  The API is not likely to
change between RC3 and the final release, and the code is pretty stable
and bug-free (that is - same bugs are in 1.3, nothing new that I can
recall at the moment).

Otis