lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: PDFBox Issue
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2004 04:54:42 GMT
I think I recall somebody sending an email with that same Verify error
(but not relating to PDFBox), and I believe the person said it had to
do with a corrupt Jar.

In your case the error is also not in PDFBox, but rather Log4J.

That line 57 of PDFParser.java should probably look like this:

<access modifiers + optional final/static> Logger <var> =
Logger.getLogger(PDFParser.class);

If you have the source of that class, make sure it looks like that.

Otis

--- Don Vaillancourt <donv@webimpact.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I know that this is a Lucene list but wanted to know if any of you
> have
> gotten this error before using PDFBox?
>
> I've gotten the latest version of PDFBox and it is giving me the
> following
> error:
>
> java.lang.VerifyError: (class: org/apache/log4j/LogManager, method:
> <clinit> signature: ()V) Incompatible argument to function
> at org.apache.log4j.Logger.getLogger(Logger.java:94)
> at org.pdfbox.pdfparser.PDFParser.<clinit>(PDFParser.java:57)
> at

org.pdfbox.searchengine.lucene.LucenePDFDocument.addContent(LucenePDFDocument.java:197)
> at

org.pdfbox.searchengine.lucene.LucenePDFDocument.getDocument(LucenePDFDocument.java:118)