lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <>
Subject Re: Storing data in Lucene or Xindice
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 08:43:30 GMT
(redirecting to lucene-user list)

Hello Rob,

I think you will end up with a simpler final result if you try saving
everything in a single data source.  I have not used Xindice, so I
cannot comment on its features, performance, etc., but judging from
your description, you could simply use Lucene to index the textual
information from XML feeds or HTML.

For XML parsing and indexing, you can see the article I wrote for IBM

If you will be doing a lot of parsing, you will want to use something
faster than Digester, though.  Maybe Electric XML parser.

For HTML you can use NekoHTML, JTidy, htmlparser (, or Brian
Goetz's HTMLParser.

Now that I think about it, I seem to recall that Xindice uses Lucene
under the hood.... I can't find any information that confirms this,
now.  Maybe I'm mixing somehting up.