lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Clustering question: searching two diferent indexes
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 17:56:52 GMT
(re-directing to lucene-user list)

Albert,

If I understand your question correctly... You could run a query like
the one you gave on both indices, but if one of them contains documents
that have only one of those fields (cluster), then there will never be
any matches in the second index.

However, why not leave your big index along, add documents to a new,
smaller index, and then merge them periodically.  I may be off with
this; it sounds like this is what you want to do, but I'm not certain I
understood you fully.

Otis