lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: using boost factor
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 17:50:40 GMT
Hello Anson,

I would look at IndexSearcher's explain method:
http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/search/IndexSearcher.html#explain(org.apache.lucene.search.Query,%20int)

This should give you insight into what's contributing to the high/low
scores, thus telling you what you can tweak.  Perhaps it's just the
boost, perhaps some other similarity factors.

Using explain should provide you information such as this, for example:
http://www.mozdex.com/explain.jsp?idx=2&id=2067257&query=goober

I hope this helps.  Somebody else will probably be able to give more
information, but this should get you started while you wait.

Otis