lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From James Dunn <james_h_d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Compound file format file size question
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2004 17:52:29 GMT
Hello all,

I have an index that's about 13GB on disk.  I'm using
1.4 rc3 which uses the compound file format by
default.

Once I run optimize on my index, it creates one 13GB
.cfs file.  This isn't a problem on Linux (yet), but
I'm having some trouble copying the file over to my
Windows XP box.

Is there some way using the compound file format to
set the maximum file size and have Lucene break the
index into multiple files once it hits that limit?

Or do I need to go back to using the non-compound file
format?

Another solution, I suppose, would be to break up my
index into seperate smaller indexes.  This would be my
second choice, however.

Thanks a lot,

Jim