lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: RuntimeException: cannot determine sort type!
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2004 08:40:32 GMT
Hello,

I can't comment on the soft exception (Erik or Tim may be able to
help), but I can comment on optimizing your index after every 300
entries:
unless your search is getting too slow, or you are running out of file
handles, there is no need to optimize the index while you are building
it, and that actually prolongs indexing.  Just optimize it at the end.

Otis

--- iouli.golovatyi@group.novartis.com wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> During concurency test, i.e. indexing and searching simultaniosly,
> Searcher stumbled with following error:
>
> java.lang.RuntimeException: no terms in field modified - cannot
> determine
> sort type
>         at

org.apache.lucene.search.FieldSortedHitQueue.determineComparator(FieldSortedHitQueue.java:187)
>         at

org.apache.lucene.search.FieldSortedHitQueue.getCachedComparator(FieldSortedHitQueue.java:125)
>         at

org.apache.lucene.search.MultiFieldSortedHitQueue.<init>(MultiFieldSortedHitQueue.java:54)