lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Performance: compound vs. multi-file index, indexing and searching
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 10:41:01 GMT
I haven't tested the two in a multi-threaded setup, but my
single-threaded unit test now clearly shows that there _is_ a
consistent indexing performance difference between the two index
structures.  The multi-file structure seems to beat the compound index
structure by about 7% in my tests, which matches Hui's report, and what
I thought unit tests would show.

Hui used Lucene 1.3, and I used the latest RC, and the results are
about the same.

Otis

=====
http://www.simpy.com/ - social bookmarking and personal search engine