lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Anson Lau" <a...@fulfil-net.com>
Subject RE: a list of matching search term
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 01:19:34 GMT
Further to my previous email: The highlighter package should be able to pick
up the matching search terms.  Can some experienced highlighter package
users tell me if I should look down that line?

Thanks a lot.

Anson

-----Original Message-----
From: Anson Lau [mailto:alau@fulfil-net.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 5:20 PM
To: 'Lucene Users List'
Subject: a list of matching search term

Hi All,

Eg. Lets say someone do a search on the terms 'apple orange banana'.

In the search results, is it possible to find out for each hit, which of
those terms did match?

Ie. The document with the highest score has all three words so the matching
terms are all of those words.

A lesser document may only have 'apple' and 'orange' inside it.  So the
matching terms will be 'apple' and 'orange'.

Thanks,

Anson