lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From uddam chukmol <uddam_chuk...@yahoo.com>
Subject similarity of two texts - another question
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2004 20:41:00 GMT
Hi all,

Thanks alot to Erik and others for your invaluable indications.

I tried something simple today to calculate the similarity between two texts. I took the first
text and indexed it and the second served as the query. The two texts are analysed by the
same "Analyser".

Then, at the end, I got the score of similarity between those two texts.

Well, a question again, how does Lucene compute the score between a document and a query?

I'll try Erik's recommendation later.

Uddam