lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Terry Steichen" <te...@net-frame.com>
Subject Re: FileNotFoundException when trying to indexing.
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 18:58:27 GMT
Prasad,

I think you'll have to provide more code so we can see what's actually going
on.  BTW, I don't see you calling the UseCompoundFile method (unless you do
it inside indexFile/Directory) - I wonder if that could be an issue?

Regards,

Terry

PS: I run on XP/Pro just fine, so there's nothing intrinsically wrong with
the platform.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Prasad Ganguri" <ganguri@yahoo.com>
To: <lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2004 12:59 PM
Subject: FileNotFoundException when trying to indexing.

I am using Lucene for buiding our document management system. I tested it in
Windows2000 Professional and got successful execution.

Recently, when we ported the code onto an WindowsXP Professional, we are
getting the following exception. I tried to create segments folder using my
code, but throwing Access denied error.

Could some one help me, what is wrong with my code?

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\cms\index\segments (The system cannot find
the file specified)
        at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:204)
        at org.apache.lucene.store.FSInputStream$Descriptor.<init>(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.lucene.store.FSInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.openFile(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos.read(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter$1.doBody(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.lucene.store.Lock$With.run(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at
com.ganguri.cms.contentmanagement.index.FileIndexer.index(FileIndexer.java:6
2)
        at
com.ganguri.cms.contentmanagement.filemanager.Document.moveFileToRepository(
Document.java:215)
        at
jsp_servlet._content._indexcardprocess._jspService(_indexcardprocess.java:19
3)
        at com.ganguri.cms.jsp.CMSJSPPage.service(CMSJSPPage.java:20)
        at
:105)
        at
:123)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContextImp
l.java:742)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContextImp
l.java:686)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.invokeServlet(ServletContext
Manager.java:247)
        at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.invokeServlet(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:361)
        at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.execute(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:261)

The corresponding code is as follows:

public static void index(File indexDir, File dataDir, boolean isNew) throws
Exception
{
if (!dataDir.exists())
throw new IOException(dataDir.getName() + " does not exist.");
System.out.println("############ indexDir existing.....? " +
indexDir.exists());
IndexWriter writer = null;
if (!indexDir.exists())
{
indexDir.mkdirs();
}
try
{
writer = new IndexWriter(indexDir, getAnalyzer(), isNew);  // Here the
exception is thrown
if (dataDir.isFile())
indexFile(writer, dataDir);
else if (dataDir.isDirectory())