lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Praveen Peddi" <ppe...@contextmedia.com>
Subject Do we really need CJKAnalyzer to search japanese characters
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2004 21:39:54 GMT
Hello all,
You will have to excuse me if the question looks dumb ;)

I didn't use CJKAnalyzer and I could still search japanese characters. Actually I used it
first but then I thought of testing with just the standard analyzer. It worked with standard
analyzer also.

I was able to search the metadata of our objects that has chinese and japanese characters.

I think lucene is internally storing unicode characters. So should it matter if its standard
analyzer or CJK analyzer?

When do we have to use CJKAnalyzer really?

Praveen

Praveen Peddi
Sr Software Engg, Context Media, Inc.
email:ppeddi@contextmedia.com
Tel:  401.854.3475
Fax:  401.861.3596
web: http://www.contextmedia.com
Context Media- "The Leader in Enterprise Content Integration"