lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Praveen Peddi" <ppe...@contextmedia.com>
Subject Do we really need CJKAnalyzer to search japanese characters
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2004 16:37:25 GMT
Hello all,
You will have to excuse me if the question looks dumb ;)

I didn't use CJKAnalyzer and I could still search japanese characters.
Actually I used it first but then I thought of testing with just the
standard analyzer. It worked with standard analyzer also.

I was able to search the metadata of our objects that has chinese and
japanese characters.

I think lucene is internally storing unicode characters. So should it matter
if its standard analyzer or CJK analyzer?

When do we have to use CJKAnalyzer really?

Praveen

Praveen Peddi
Sr Software Engg, Context Media, Inc.
email:ppeddi@contextmedia.com