lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From alex.bou...@hsbcam.com
Subject RE: RE: Query parser and minus signs
Date Mon, 24 May 2004 08:50:09 GMT

I tried this, but no it does not work. I'm concerned that escaping the
minus symbol does not appear to work. The field is indexed as a keyword so
is not tokenized - I've checked the contents using luke which confirms
this.

"David Townsend" <david.townsend@magus.co.uk> on 21 May 2004 17:02

Please respond to "Lucene Users List" <lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org>

To:    "Lucene Users List" <lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc:
bcc:

Subject:    RE: RE: Query parser and minus signs

Doesn't "en UK" as a phrase query work?

You're probably indexing it as a text field so it's being tokenised.

-----Original Message-----
From: alex.bourne@hsbcam.com [mailto:alex.bourne@hsbcam.com]
Sent: 21 May 2004 16:47
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Memo: RE: Query parser and minus signs

Hmm, we may have to if there is no work around. We're not using java
locales, but were trying to stick to the ISO standard which uses hyphens.

"Ryan Sonnek" <rsonnek@DigitalRiver.com> on 21 May 2004 16:38

Please respond to "Lucene Users List" <lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org>

To:    "Lucene Users List" <lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc:
bcc:

Subject:    RE: Query parser and minus signs

if you're dealing with locales, why not use java's built in locale syntax