lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Karthik N S" <kart...@controlnet.co.in>
Subject RE: org.apache.lucene.search.highlight.Highlighter
Date Fri, 21 May 2004 09:10:00 GMT
Hi

  Please can some body give me a simple Example of
  org.apache.lucene.search.highlight.Highlighter

  I am trying to use it but unsucessfull

Karthik

-----Original Message-----
From: markharw00d@yahoo.co.uk [mailto:markharw00d@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2004 2:08 AM
To: lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: org.apache.lucene.search.highlight.Highlighter

>>Was Investigating,found some Compile time error..

I see the code you have is taken from the example in the javadocs.
Unfortunately that example wasn't complete because the class didnt
include the method defined in the Formatter interface. I have updated the
Javadocs to correct this oversight.

To correct your problem either make your class implement the Formatter
interface to perform your choice of custom formatting or remove the "this"
parameter from your call to create a new Highlighter with the default
Formatter implementation.

Thanks for "highlighting" the problem with the Javadocs...

Cheers
Mark