lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Analysis of wildcard queries
Date Mon, 10 May 2004 10:00:45 GMT

On May 10, 2004, at 4:31 AM, Cocula Remi wrote:

> You have to write a special analyzer that include an accent filter.
> Then use this analyzer for both indexing and querying.

The issue, however, is that wildcard queries are not analyzed by
QueryParser.

I think if your analyzer is working fine for regular term and phrase
queries, that subclassing QueryParser and overriding getWildcardQuery
to handle special processing (perhaps even analyzing if you are careful
not to remove the wildcard characters themselves!) is the way to go.

Although pre-processing is a fine solution too if the accented
characters should be removed in all query types.

	Erik