lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Range Query Sombody HELP please
Date Fri, 28 May 2004 10:07:59 GMT
On May 28, 2004, at 4:54 AM, Karthik N S wrote:
> 1) I have a unique Field [ called filename ] which is indexed of type
> Text.

You probably do not want to use Field.Text for a filename.  Use
Field.Keyword instead.

> 2) The indexer complete indexes for about 5000 html files  sucessfully
> .

Now use Luke (Google for _luke lucene_) to browse your index, and check
that you are getting what you think.  You can do ad-hoc queries there
also.

> Now in this situation if I want to limit the hits  between  First 200
> 400  html Page Names  only
> what exactly should I do to using getRange() method.

If you want the first 200 - 400, start your Hits walking at index 200,
and proceed through 400.

Is there some field you want to key off to do the range?  Or do you
just want the 200th - 400th hits from the search, which is an entirely
different question than about ranges.

> Please advise on how to proceed ...

Please send (succinct) code examples in the future to really keep this
discussion concrete and clear.

	Erik