lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: ParallelMultiSearcher
Date Sat, 08 May 2004 12:47:43 GMT
On May 8, 2004, at 12:29 AM, Vladimir Yuryev wrote:
> What requirements ParallelMultiSearch to JVM? What the adjustments of
> memory and for processes of system are required? If it somebody knows,
> let it can be on an example anyone of Unix System.

ParallelMultiSearcher simply spins a separate thread for each index and
waits for the results from all threads before returning results.

Depending on your hardware, you may or may not receive performance
benefits over using plain MultiSearcher.  You would likely need each
index on a separate disk so that you would benefit from parallel I/O.

Beyond standard multi-threaded Java concerns, there is nothing special
about ParallelMultiSearcher, and tuning would be dependent on your
environment.

	Erik