lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "David Townsend" <david.towns...@magus.co.uk>
Subject Returning Separate Hits from Multisearcher
Date Mon, 10 May 2004 12:13:46 GMT

We have a number of small indices and also an uber-index made up of all the smaller indices.
 We need to get do a search across a number of the sub-indices and get back a hit count from
each.  Currently we search  each index, we've also tried running multiple queries against
the uber-index, with a field denoting which subindex we are interested in. Obviously this
approach is very slow.  Is there any way to use MultiSearcher to do this?  The problem we
currently have with MultiSearcher is there seems no way to tell how many hits came from each
index.  Is there a recommended way to do this, or should we modify MultiSearcher to return
information about the hits on each index.

any ideas?

David Townsend