lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Groschupf ...@media-style.com>
Subject Re: similarity of two texts
Date Mon, 31 May 2004 18:17:08 GMT
Lucene can't help you.
Search for text classification or text clustering.

Browse the tools section @ www.text-mining.org there you will found may
be tools that can help you with this task.
In general some key words for your further search:

Feature extraction from text.
Data mining algorithms for clustering or classification.
One Algorithm you may be will found useful is "Support Vector Machine".

HTH
Stefan

P.S:
Support your local book store and order:
qid=1086027371/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/103-6852557-3809420?
v=glance&s=books&n=507846
This book has interesting section for you.