lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From DMGoodst...@lbl.gov
Subject Hits object
Date Thu, 27 May 2004 20:51:11 GMT
At one point I thought I'd read that a Hits object
doesn't actually contain Documents, but rather
references to them.  However, in that case I
wouldn't expect I could save a Hits object past the
closing of it's orginiating Searcher (in this case a
MultiSearcher:  Hits hits =
myMultiSearcher.search(....)).  yet later when I
access the same Hits object (having reinstantiated a
new MultiSearcher, myMultiSearcher2, but *not*
performing a new search) I can retrieve documents
from the Hits object without complaint.  Is this
just my good fortune that things haven't been
garbage-collected yet?  Or does the Hits object
contain the full document set?

--David