lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Andy Goodell <good...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to handle range queries over large ranges and avoid Too Many Boolean clauses
Date Tue, 18 May 2004 20:35:55 GMT
In our application we had a similar problem with non-date ranges until
we realized that it wasnt so much that we were searching for the
values in the range as restricting the search to that range, and then
we used an extension to the org.apache.lucene.search.Filter class, and
our implementation got much simpler and faster.

- andy g