lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From David Spencer <dave-lucene-u...@tropo.com>
Subject now maybe Mozlla/IMAP URLs - Re: StandardTokenizer and e-mail
Date Fri, 21 May 2004 15:57:23 GMT
This reminds me - if you have a search engine that indexes a mail store
and you present results in a web page to a browser, you want to (of
course...well I think this is obvious)  send back a URL that would cause
the users native mail client to pull up the msg.
IMAP has a URL format, and I use Mozilla on windows to browse & read
mail, however when I've presented IMAP URLs on a results page the IMAP
URL doesn't work - either nothing happens or the cursor changes to busy
but still no mail comes up. Has anyone come across this? This may be
more appropriate for a moz list but it's definitely a search issue.

This page mentions the problem:

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/known-vulnerabilities.html

A writeup on an IMAP indexer I did a while ago:

http://www.tropo.com/techno/java/lucene/imap.html