lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Kevin Burton <bur...@newsmonster.org>
Subject Re: Internal full content store within Lucene
Date Wed, 19 May 2004 23:25:11 GMT
Morus Walter wrote:

>Kevin Burton writes:
>

>>How much interest is there for this?  I have to do this for work and
>>will certainly take the extra effort into making this a standard Lucene
>>feature.
>>

>Sounds interesting.
>How would you handle deletions?

They aren't a requirement in our scenario... It would probably be more
efficient to just leave the content on disk.

If you want to GC over time the arc files can be grouped together by
time so you can just eventually delete a whole arc file...

Kevin

--

Please reply using PGP.

    http://peerfear.org/pubkey.asc