lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Matt Quail <m...@ctx.com.au>
Subject Re: How to handle range queries over large ranges and avoid Too Many Boolean clauses
Date Tue, 18 May 2004 22:49:11 GMT
 > Is there a simpler, easier way to do this?

Yes. I have started implementing a "QuickRangeQuery" class, that doesn't
have the BooleanQuery limitation, but scores every matching document as 1.0.

I will see if I can get it finished in the next 24 hours, and post back
to this thread.

=Matt

PS: I'm not sure about the "QuickRangeQuery" class name... maybe
"NormalizedRangeQuery", "RangeQuery2"... *shrug*