lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Matt Quail <m...@ctx.com.au>
Subject Re: Memory Requirements
Date Thu, 13 May 2004 11:36:00 GMT
> do you know of any method to reduce the memory consumption of lucene
> when searching?

It depends on the complexity of the search, I think. Also, I belive
scoring might use more memory than the search itself (can anyone confirm
this?). For example, I often use the HitCollector interface (and a
BitSet) for queries where I  am not interested in the score.

Apart from that, I'm not aware of any other methods for reducing the
memory consumption.

=Matt