lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Staubo <zap...@byzantine.no>
Subject Exact match detection
Date Sun, 09 May 2004 06:07:14 GMT
I need to detect exact matches. For example, if the query is "foo
bar", a document matching both terms "foo" and "bar" is considered an
exact match; and everything else is considered an inexact match.

Obviously a union with "+foo +bar" would work, but for performance
reasons I need to avoid multiple queries.

Lucene's largely undocumented similarity/scoring system looks
intricate enough that deconstructing a score value after the fact
isn't possible in a reliable and portable (ie., across Lucene versions
and varying scoring algorithm implementations) manner.

If it helps, I am not using term boosting.

Alexander.