lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From David Spencer <dave-lucene-u...@tropo.com>
Subject Re: Scoring documents by Click Count
Date Thu, 06 May 2004 16:11:40 GMT
Otis Gospodnetic wrote:

>Sure.
>On click, get document Id (not internal docId, but something you use as
>s surrogate primary key) of the clicked document.  Retrieve the
>document.  Pull out the value of 'clickCount' field.  +1 it.  Delete
>the document, and re-add it (there is no 'update(Document)' method).

Yeah but isn't the essence of it that Lucene is really not set up for
dynamically adjusting the *score*?
Also, above, to clarify, I think you're implying there are 2 entries for
given doc - one Document for the indexed content, and one for the
clickCount, as (from memory) I didn't think you could even re-add a doc
w/o reindexing it...