lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Tool for analyzing analyzers
Date Fri, 28 May 2004 10:02:57 GMT
On May 28, 2004, at 2:46 AM, markharw00d@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
> Hi Erik,
> I've had this running OK from the command line and in Eclipse on XP.
> I suspect it might be because you're running a different OS? The
> "Classfinder" tries to split the system property
> "java.class.path"  on the ";" character but I forgot different OSes
> have different seperators.

There is another OS other than Mac OS X?  :)

There is a File constant that gives you the OS-specific separator.
File.pathSeparatorChar.

> Using a plug-in architecture (once we get classloading sorted!) you
> could define interfaces for
> things such as fetchers (db/file/web) and parsers (PDF/Word..) and
> configure them to create indexes
> using a GUI like this, or a web-based interface. People could then
> contribute plug-in implementations
> as Jars that you could just drop in to the workbench.

Sounds like we'd be re-inventing Nutch :)

But I'd love to build a Lucene "demo" application that is powerful
enough to be used as a foundation for folks to use out-of-the-box.

	Erik