lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Query parser and minus signs
Date Mon, 24 May 2004 17:16:55 GMT
On May 24, 2004, at 4:50 AM, alex.bourne@hsbcam.com wrote:
> I tried this, but no it does not work. I'm concerned that escaping the
> minus symbol does not appear to work. The field is indexed as a
> keyword so
> is not tokenized - I've checked the contents using luke which confirms
> this.

You will need to write a custom analyzer to handle this situation.
Indexing a Keyword as "en-us" does not do anything special for
QueryParser.  QueryParser analyzes everything, so a special analyzer
needs to be in place to basically do no analysis (pass through as-is a
single token) for this particular field.

	Erik