lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Range Query Sombody HELP please
Date Thu, 27 May 2004 09:20:50 GMT
On May 27, 2004, at 3:37 AM, Karthik N S wrote:
> Hi
>    Lucene -Developer My main intention was
>
>  Search for an word hit  in a Unique Field  between  ranges     say
> book100  - book 200  indexed numbers
>  It's something like creating a SUBSEARCH  with in the SEARCHINDEX.
>
>   This is similar to a SQL =
>
>      select  *  from BOOKSHELF.
>                  or
>      select  *  from BOOKSHELF where  book1  between 100 and  200.

Karthik - I'm having a hard time understanding your questions
unfortunately.  Ype replied with solution suggestion by overriding
getRangeQuery on a custom QueryParser subclass.  You need to ensure you
are indexing numbers in a padded fashion:

	http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/SearchNumericalFields

Erik