lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Kelvin Tan <lists-kel...@relevanz.com>
Subject RE: Disappearing segments
Date Mon, 03 May 2004 02:51:48 GMT
Thanks for responding Nader.

hmmmm...you've hit the nail on the spot. I do have a cron job which backs up the
index. Its run in a batch index scheduled job.

The logic is basically

backupindex()
try
{
	batchindex()
}
catch(Exception e)
{
	deleteindex();
	copyfrombackuptoindex()
	deletebackup();
}

I assume that the original index before backing up was complete and 'working'.
I'm also deleting the index that failed, instead of just overwriting. Where did
I go wrong?

I'm not checking that the index isn't write-locked before backing up, but I
don't think that's the problem (though it very well can be a separate problem).

Kelvin