lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From uddam chukmol <uddam_chuk...@yahoo.com>
Subject similarity of two texts
Date Mon, 31 May 2004 18:10:16 GMT
Hi,

I'm a newbie to Lucene and heard that it helps in the information retrieval process. However,
my problem is not really related to the information retrieval but to the comparison of two
texts. I think Lucene may help resolving it.

I would like to have a clue on how to compare two given texts and finally say how much they
are similar.

Has anyone had this kind of experience? I will be very grateful to hear your ideas and your
recommendations.

Thanks before hand!

Uddam CHUKMOL