lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ype Kingma <ykin...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: Range Query Sombody HELP please
Date Fri, 28 May 2004 18:40:02 GMT
On Friday 28 May 2004 10:54, Karthik N S wrote:
> Hey ype
>
> Thx for the advice but still I need to get the  exact situation working ,
>
> 1) I have a unique Field [ called filename ] which is indexed of type Text.
>     It accepts the name of the HTML files as  the indexing parameter ,
>    Also there is another Field called "Contents"   which stores all the
> contents of that
>    indicated unique named html file.
>
> 2) The indexer complete indexes for about 5000 html files  sucessfully .
>
> 3) When I do a search for word ,it returns a hit of  400  on various html
> files
>
> Now in this situation if I want to limit the hits  between  First 200  to
> 400  html Page Names  only
> what exactly should I do to using getRange() method.

A range query will provide a range of indexed values, and
I thought you needed to add the record number as an indexed field
in each record.

However, you seem to use the 200 and 400 here as the order number
for each record in the result of the query on the Contents field.
Is that correct?
When so, in which order do you expect the results of your query?

Kind regards,
Ype