lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From markharw...@yahoo.co.uk
Subject Re: Tool for analyzing analyzers
Date Fri, 28 May 2004 06:46:27 GMT
Hi Erik,
I've had this running OK from the command line and in Eclipse on XP.
I suspect it might be because you're running a different OS? The "Classfinder" tries to split
the system property
"java.class.path"  on the ";" character but I forgot different OSes have different seperators.

As for Luke etc - I had a vague notion that this could be extended into a more generalised
workbench
for Lucene that could also help with indexing.
Using a plug-in architecture (once we get classloading sorted!) you could define interfaces
for
things such as fetchers (db/file/web) and parsers (PDF/Word..) and configure them to create
using a GUI like this, or a web-based interface. People could then contribute plug-in implementations

as Jars that you could just drop in to the workbench.

Let me know your setup details and I'll try fix the classloader issue.

Cheers
Mark