lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From James Dunn <james_h_d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Memory usage
Date Wed, 26 May 2004 19:02:04 GMT
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has had problems with memory
usage and MultiSearcher.

My index is composed of two sub-indexes that I search
with a MultiSearcher.  The total size of the index is
about 3.7GB with the larger sub-index being 3.6GB and
the smaller being 117MB.

I am using Lucene 1.3 Final with the compound file
format.

Also I search across about 50 fields but I don't use
wildcard or range queries.

Doing repeated searches in this way seems to
eventually chew up about 500MB of memory which seems
excessive to me.

Does anyone have any ideas where I could look to
reduce the memory my queries consume?

Thanks,

Jim