lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From markharw...@yahoo.co.uk
Subject Re: org.apache.lucene.search.highlight.Highlighter
Date Fri, 21 May 2004 19:03:44 GMT
Hi Claude, that example code you provided is out of date.

For all concerned - the highlighter code was refactored about a month ago and then moved into
the Sandbox.

Want the latest version? - get the latest code from the sandbox CVS.
Want the latest docs? - Run javadoc on the above.

There is a basic example of highlighter use in the package-level javadocs and more extensive
examples
in the JUnit test that accompanies the source code.

Hope this helps clarify things.

Mark

ps Bruce, I know you were interested in providing an alternative Fragmenter implementation

for the highlighter that detects sentence boundaries.
You may want to look at LingPipe which has "a heuristic sentence boundary detector".
( http://threattracker.com:8080/lingpipe-demo/demo.html )
I took a quick look at it but it has its own tokenizer that would be difficult to make work
with
the tokenstream used to identify query terms. At least the code gives some examples of the
heuristics involved in detecting sentence boundaries. For my own apps I find the standard
Fragmenter
implementation suffices.