lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sebastian Ho <sebasti...@bii.a-star.edu.sg>
Date Mon, 31 May 2004 10:02:31 GMT
hi

i am updating the index and therefore need to delete documents before
adding the updated version.

This is how I delete the document which is working fine.

int deleteDoc = 0;
deleteDoc = IndexReader.open(dstDir).delete(new Term("url", url));
IndexReader.open(dstDir).close();

The writer after that throws an IOException : Lock obtain timed out.

IndexWriter writer = new IndexWriter(dstDir, analyzer, overwrite);

Am I missing anything? I have already closed the IndexReader before
calling the writer.

Thanks

Sebastian