lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Reece.1247...@bloglines.com
Subject Exact Field Match
Date Fri, 28 May 2004 23:12:45 GMT
Hi,

Does Lucene have support for exact field match?  Is there a way to
say that this field equals exactly this value?  I know I can do it by using
an untokenized field.  But I have some values that I would want to store in
both tokenized and untokenized copies of the same field.  Instead of doing
that I'm just storing the tokenized version.

For example:
MyField = "My
value."

I want to search where "My value." is the exact match for this
field but I also sometime want to do a containing search so that just a query
for "value" matches.

I'm planning on extracting the stored value and
comparing it to see if its an exact match.  If you have a better idea please
send it my way!

Thanks,
Reece