lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Anthony Vito <v...@mnis.com>
Subject Re: SQLDirectory implementation
Date Fri, 07 May 2004 14:06:58 GMT
Hello Lucene Users,
  I have release JDBCDirectory version 0.05. I have only ever used it
with MySQL and open source drivers. I would be interested in any
comments or suggestions. I will try to be as diligent as possible in my
be found at http://ppinew.mnis.com/jdbcdirectory .

Some issues that I just thought of that aren't mentioned...
1.) Pooling prepared statements on the connection is must for good
performance under the current code. ( see test code )
2.) The first search is always really slow as everything initializes and
the cache fills ;) so don't let that discourage you.

-vito