lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Rosen Marinov" <ros...@sirma.bg>
Subject change directory
Date Mon, 03 May 2004 13:52:06 GMT
Hi all,

I have a good working index about 3 GB in one directory
for example in c:/index1

now i want to change the computer and directory for example
to d:/index2    (is this possible ???)

and when i copy it to the new pc and directory  on
IndeaxReader(indexpath) i get

      java.io.IOException: Lock obtain timed out
        at org.apache.lucene.store.Lock.obtain(Lock.java:97)
        at org.apache.lucene.store.Lock$With.run(Lock.java:147)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open

before coping i closed all java aplications, index was with
closed writers, readers, serachers, terms and etc ...
i have finally clauses to close all this and shut down function,
all my methods which works with index are synchronized.

10x fopr help in advance