lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Nader S. Henein" <...@bayt.net>
Subject RE: change directory
Date Mon, 03 May 2004 14:08:35 GMT
When my server restarts, I have a little procedure that validates and "sorts
out" the index in case the server crashes mid-indexing/optimizing, what it
does is it checks for locks and frees them if need be then it optimizes the
whole thing (as a precaution) here's the code I use, try it out in your
lucene init:

		try {
			Directory directory =
FSDirectory.getDirectory(indexPath,false);
			if ( directory.list().length == 0 ) clear() ; //
Create a new index
			Lock writeLock = directory.makeLock(writeFileName);
			if (!writeLock.obtain()) {
				IndexReader.unlock(directory) ;
			} else {
				writeLock.release() ;