lucene-java-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Terry Steichen" <te...@net-frame.com>
Subject Lockfile Problem Solved
Date Mon, 31 May 2004 20:07:13 GMT
Just thought I'd pass on some info I just discovered.  I've been successfully using the CVS
head version of Lucene as of about 2 months ago.  I then got the formal release (1.4-rc3)
and tried it with my application, but it failed.  I tried it with some commandline test routines
and they worked fine, but not my application (runs under Tomcat 4.1.24, on a Windows XP/Pro).

After a lot of debugging, I discovered that IndexReader was trying to create a lockfile in
a non-existent directory (called "temp" at the same level as the index directory).  After
I manually created this directory, everything seems to be working fine.  

(Why this happens only with the Tomcat application, and not commandline apps, I don't know.
 Probably has something to do with JVM properties.)

Regards,

Terry
Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message