lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Nader S. Henein" <...@bayt.net>
Subject RE: Which searched words are found in a document
Date Wed, 26 May 2004 11:13:14 GMT
Take a look at the highlighter code, you could implement this on the front
end while processing the page.

Nader

-----Original Message-----
From: edvard_eid@xs4all.nl [mailto:edvard_eid@xs4all.nl]
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 10:51 AM
To: lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Which searched words are found in a document

Hi,

I have the following question:
Is there an easy way to see which words from a query were found in a
resulting document?

So if I search for 'cat OR dog' and get a result document with only 'cat' in
it. I would like to ask the searcher object or something to tell me that for
the result document 'cat' was the only word found.

I did see it is somehow possible with the explain method, but this does not
give a clean answer. I can also get the contents of the document and do an
indexof for each search term but there could be quite a lot in our case.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Edvard Scheffers