lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Gerard Sychay" <Gerard.Syc...@cchmc.org>
Subject Re: Adding duplicate Fields to Documents
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2004 17:57:16 GMT
Luke is a good idea.  I'll also just write a simple test program and
play around with it (something I probably should have done before
posting) and then post my findings here.

>>> Stephane James Vaucher <vauchers@cirano.qc.ca> 04/24/04 02:02PM
>>>
>From my experience (that is little experience;)), fields that are not
tokenised, are stored separately. Someone more qualified can surely
give
you more details.

You can look at your index with Luke, it might be insightful.
sv

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Gerard Sychay wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am wondering what happens when you add two Fields with same names
> a Document.  The API states that "if the fields are indexed, their
text
> is treated as though appended."  This much makes sense.  But what
about
> the following two cases:
>
> - Adding two fields with same name that are indexed, not tokenized
> (keywords)?  E.g. given ("field_name", "keyword1") and
("field_name",