lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Phil brunet" <philouc...@hotmail.com>
Subject Performing exact search with Lucene
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 15:12:05 GMT
Hi all.

I'm migrating a part of an application from Oracle intermedia to Lucene
(1.3) to perform full text searches.

I'd like to know if there is a way to perform "exact queries". By "exact
query", i mean beeing able to match ONLY document that are exactely equals
to the terms of the query.

Exemple:

document 1 =    "this is an example"
document 2 =    "this is an example of document"
document 3 =    "this is an other example "

Is it possible to match ONLY document 1 if i search for "this is an exemple"
?

Currently, i'm trying to override the DefaultSimilarity class in order to be
be able to deduce an exact match from the score.

My query consists in a BooleanQuery composed by n TermQuery.

I know i can develop by myself a "post filter" that could count compare the
number of tokens of the query and the number of tokens of the indexed
document. But i would like to know if there is a proper way to do this :
-> directly with Lucene (i.e. a Lucene query that would match only document
1 in my example)
-> by redefining the Similarity and so by "interpreting" the scores
-> any idea ....

Thanks.

Philippe